Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Watched Pot Never Boils

Seriously, CAN I get any bigger? I really think the answer is no. I definitely remember being READY to have Jack, but I don't remember being so uncomfortable that I wanted to throw myself out a window. I feel like I've been pregnant for two years. And if my mother was here, she would point that technically I HAVE been pregnant for two years, minus those blissful 6 mos (actually, only 3 of them were blissful) after I had Jack. I really can't wait for Katie to get here, and for me to have my body back to MYSELF. No more feet in my ribs, no more bouncing on my bladder at VERY inoportune times, no more hiccups.

So when is Katie arriving? Well, all sources point to ANY MINUTE NOW. At my last OB appointment, which was Monday (warning -- about to discuss my cervix, so any squeamish people can turn away now), I was dilated to "a good" 3 cms, and "at least" 80% effaced. With Jack I was the same way, and then at the next appt I was at 5 cms and 100%. So we're not figuring we have much more time. Although Daddy is still in denial, I think. We are 100% unprepared for Katie to get here -- we don't even have the pack and play set up. I don't have a hospital bag packed -- I don't know what's wrong with us. Andrew and I spend most of our time watching Jack walk around the family room like a crazy child, and seem to forget another child is entering our home VERY soon.

At any rate, we will endeavor to keep family and friends apprised of Katie's imminent arrival, and post pictures and all when the happy event occurs. Just please keep me in your thoughts for the next few days, and send some Easy Labor Vibes my way!!!!!

No comments: